Skip to main content

2 Days in Baltimore Maryland| Top Places to Visit on Limited Time


Are you interest in planning a trip to a new city but only have a few days while there?  Don't fret, you can plan a great trip on limited time like I did while visiting Baltimore Maryland a few weeks ago.  My recent trip to Baltimore Maryland was just two days long but certainly worthwhile and memorable.  

I did my usual planning through sites like Trip Advisor and Yelp respectively in order to find some great activities.  And of course the occasional Googling to find the best places to visit in Baltimore didn't hurt either.  

Here are my top recommendations for things to do in Baltimore Maryland if you are only limited time:

1. Sagamore Spirit Distillery 


Sagamore Spirit is a distillery located in Baltimore Maryland.  They produce their own line of high quality whiskey.  I booked a tour for myself and my partner for just $15 each.  The tour, which was about an hour long,  consisted of us being shown around the facility, taught how the process of whiskey is distilled and then made and at the end we got a whiskey tasting, which was super cool!  



They have an incredibly beautiful property.  They are located right on the edge of the water and just right next door to the Under Armour headquarters.  






I adore tours like these because not only are they fun but they are also a great learning experience and I myself am a constant and maximum life long learner!  



Our tour ended with a whiskey tasting of 5 of their different types of whiskey as well as a tasting of their truffles.  The truffles were so good that my partner and I ended up buying some and relaxing at the facility before heading back to our hotel.



Cost Factor:  $15pp


2.  American Visionary Art Museum



Originally I had planned to visit the Baltimore Museum of Art, however at the last minute I changed my mind to this museum.  This museum will definitely blow your mind. 




The concept of this museum is based around the idea that anyone can create art!  Therefore every visionary in this museum is just that, a visionary, and is not a classically trained artist per se.  I loved this concept because it steered from the usual stuffy and bougie feeling some art museums give off.  







The artwork here is stunning and sure to leave you feeling amazed by the time you exit.  The museum is so expansive they even have another part across the street that is an open warehouse concept and houses even more amazing treasures to be discovered.  







Tip:  Check out the bathrooms they are also part of the exhibit
Cost Factor: $15.95 pp


3.  Reginald F. Lewis Museum


The Reginald F. Lewis museum is an African-American history and art museum.  Their museum boasts 3 floors of art.  The top floor houses an enormity of material dedicated to the civil rights movement in Baltimore, MD.






There were also several exhibits that were interactive in this part of the museum.




The man himself, Reginald F. Lewis.  To learn more about his story click here.



The second floor was a dedicated to current rotating exhibits.  I wasn't able to catch the name of the artist who created these amazing works but this was some of the best abstract work I have ever seen.







The last floor was a presentation of current events.  They had a wall especially for women of color to interact with.  This was super fun!  I was able to write on the walls with chalk to respond to the prompts.




Cost Factor: $8

4.  Inner Harbor


Baltimore city's main attraction is their inner harbor.  The inner harbor consists of various restaurants such as Phillips Seafood, Bubba Gump's and more as well as various shops and attractions such as their famous Aquarium.





Compared to other places I've been the Inner Harbor's attractions weren't as vast as other harbors I've been to but I still would recommend it as a place to visit.  On a beautiful sunny day it's a great place to be.  There is also a Marshall's very close by and a few shopping areas.





Cost Factor:  Free (minus the shopping and eating)
5.  Peabody Library 


Unfortuntately during my trip I wasn't able to visit the Peabody Library but it was certainly on my itinerary, I just wasn't able to make it during my stay.  However, this famous library is a beautiful sight to see as you can tell by the picture and many people get married there throughout the year.  

Cost Factor:  Free

6.  Dick's Last Resort


Dick's Last Resort is a fun themed tourist restaurant where the theme is to treat their customers like dicks.  Don't be alarmed if you ask for the check and your waiter give you the finger, it happened to us!  After a while you'll catch yourself laughing at how they treat you.



Tip:  Do not visit this place is you are super sensitive.  




Cost Factor:  Varies
























  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Life Hacks That Save You Major Money

We’re always on the hunt for ways to save a buck right?   As a millennial, I know this first hand.  From grocery shopping to dining out there are plenty of ways that the modern person can save cash!  Here are a few ways you can keep a few extra bucks in your pocket.   1.  Download the Retail Me Not App Retail Me Not  is a coupon app that saves you money at select retailers and food locations.  I use this app all the time when I purchase goods as JCPenney, Kohl’s, Footlocker, PapaJohn’s and Michael’s stores.  The app is free to download and is available in the iTunes app store.   If you’re looking to EARN money on purchases I suggest using another free app called  Ebates  where you receive cash back on purchases.    You can start earning free cash back by  clicking here.    2. Shop at Discount Grocery Stores Like Aldi Aldi which is owned by Trader Joe’s is a discount grocery store which has an array of great products.  And although their prices have slightly gone up since t