Skip to main content

I Tried Surfset Fitness and Here's What I Thought of It...


If you haven’t heard of the Surfset Fitness craze it’s time to start waking up to new fitness routine possibilities!
A friend suggested that I give it a try with her.  What did I have to lose on a Saturday morning?  In reality, I had been excited about Surfset Fitness for quite some time.  Ever since I had heard about Surfset on Instagram, I knew it was something I had to give a go!
Who wouldn’t love to learn how to surf, but nonetheless safely indoors?  No water, no sand, just a board, some workout gear and a sea of possibilities!
So I gave it a try and here’s what I thought….

What is Surfset Fitness?

Surfset originally began as a concept on the popular show Shark Tank and eventually took off as a new method of fitness in the fitness world.  According to their website, “Surfset is all about getting away from the traditional static workout and challenging your body in new ways. Every exercise on the board is designed to engage your core & stabilize muscles and shock the system to create real change inside & out.”
surfset.jpeg

What Type of Class Did I Take?

I took the 30 minute intro to Surfset class on a Saturday morning.  This class encompassed the basics of Surfset including balance and core strength.

What Materials Do You Need?

All I needed was a bottle of water!  The board was supplied by the facility where I took the class.  Keep in mind you will need to be on the board barefoot for the best outcome and stability.

Was The Class Difficult?

On a scale of 1 to 10 the beginner class was definitely a 3 level class!  You need to for sure have leg strength and core strength (my weakest area).  I emphasize leg strength more though because you need to be able to balance your legs on the board and often times one leg as a time is all that is necessary.

What Type of Workouts Can You Do On The Board?

We did a series of lunges, squats, kicks, ab work and some general surfing techniques that encompassed rowing with arms.  It definitely will kick your butt and get you in shape.  I left feeling very sore the next day!

Would I Take The Class Again?

Absolutely!  The class was fun and the instructor was also fabulous!  I enjoyed this workout because it was challenging but unique.  The idea of working out on a surfboard indoors was appealing because it’s not something I do everyday and kept me more interested than just a regular gym visit.  I would definitely go back I give the class a 10/10.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Start Your Own Etsy Shop in 10 Steps

Are you looking to earn passive income or simply just looking to unleash your creativity?  These days nearly everyone is getting into the market of having a small online business.  If you’ve always dreamed of running your own online shop but have little money to invest, selling on Etsy might be the best way to go. Etsy  is a great way to earn passive income and I do it myself with  my Etsy shop  Kendra Annette Design that I opened in 2016.  People often ask me how I got started selling on Etsy, and to be honest it isn’t very complicated however it does take a few days of commitment, a small amount of money and a vision for getting started. Here are my 10 tips for opening an Etsy shop for passive income: 1.FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO SELL By definition, passive income is a stream of income that you can make with little to no effort.  Some say you can even get it done in your sleep.  If you truly want your Etsy shop to be a passive income stream you need to figure o

2 Days in Baltimore Maryland| Top Places to Visit on Limited Time

Are you interest in planning a trip to a new city but only have a few days while there?  Don't fret, you can plan a great trip on limited time like I did while visiting Baltimore Maryland a few weeks ago.  My recent trip to Baltimore Maryland was just two days long but certainly worthwhile and memorable.   I did my usual planning through sites like Trip Advisor and Yelp respectively in order to find some great activities.  And of course the occasional Googling to find the best places to visit in Baltimore didn't hurt either.   Here are my top recommendations for things to do in Baltimore Maryland if you are only limited time: 1. Sagamore Spirit Distillery  Sagamore Spirit is a distillery located in Baltimore Maryland.  They produce their own line of high quality whiskey.  I booked a tour for myself and my partner for just $15 each.  The tour, which was about an hour long,  consisted of us being shown around the facility, taught how the process of whiske